Thursday, October 24, 2013

I REMEMBER A MAN

Otuekong Effiang Akai 1935 - 2012
With a broken heart
I remember a man with a heart of gold
Your gentle tongue could cool the hottest of flames
A man of wisdom and integrity
A man of peace
You believed in fairness and equity
You believed in justice
God is not generous in making men like you
The quintessence of perfection

A man of excellence
A rear gem
You took care of me
Clothed me
Carried me when I cried
You made me understand what it means to be a man

The molding process was hard and painful
But today I realize that the seeds of hard work you forced me to sow were for a great future
You believed in my greatest potential and never let me think small
You gave me big eyes to see a great future from a little beginning
I can't sing your praises enough
I can't say good by comfortably
But you work is done here and you must go

So,
With a heavy heart
But with the pride of a life worthy of celebrating I say Papa
Fare well
May your rest be peaceful
Until we meet again

Adieu


No comments:

Post a Comment