Thursday, October 24, 2013

EBE NDO: GOOD BYE MY HUSBAND

Dr. Stephen David 1938 - 2009

My husband,
There has never been another man like you
My perfect fit
My perfect gift from God
You took care of me as God instructed a man should his wife
You displayed wisdom and diligence in all that you did
A perfect example for your children to follow
A man of decorum and integrity among his peers
A man of foresight
Strict discipline, but tender love
Even when your hands where not strong enough to hold me
Your warm words wrapped around me and gave me comfort

Oh, who will answer me now when I call
Who will cover me when the night's intruding cold knocks
Who will listen to my long and boring stories
With whom will I argue with and laugh
My lover and my friend, where are you

Are you not lonely where you are
Are you not cold where you are
My love, my friend, my brother, my lord
Here is my final good bye

Ebe ndo Asiere o!



No comments:

Post a Comment